Degranville

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

is it that time already

Just when I resolve to blog more often, life gets in the way. What life, you may ask. New life, I answer. Well, not really new. It's just that I have a job, yes, a real job, though part time, at the university. I'm part of a small team setting up an online literacy resource, so I have to Wear Clothes and Go To An Office. Quite a shock for a writer. I mean, what clothes to wear?

And then my little iBook grew poorly. It's still poorly, but as is the way of these things, in order not to lose anything, I had to get a new one before it actually died. Now it sits beside me, my discarded faithful friend, closed and mournful. Who could possibly imagine I'd feel a heel about abandoning a computer? But it was so sweet, and had helped me through so many books, and here I am, zooping along on my new Macbook pro, and my little iBook knows it could never keep up, and isn't nearly so whizzy and on and on and on. I wonder if anybody ever read a book called 'Little Black, a Pony'. He was usurped by Big Red when his boy rider got too big for him. The boy felt rotten. I do too. But then Big Red fell through the ice and Little Black had to rescue him, so who knows: my iBook may yet have to be resurrected ...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home