Degranville

Friday, April 23, 2010

eruptions, elections and every day stuff

So what with the eruption and the UK election, there's a lot to think about at the moment. On the volcanic eruption, I think it's wonderful to see how many people who profess to be 'green' have flown away on holiday. But will the disruption make us think twice about booking more air tickets, just in case the Unpronouncable's friend decides to blow whilst we're all at the beach? I doubt it! Getting stuck abroad is a bit like having a baby: you forget the pain quite quickly and before you know it, there you are again ...

On the UK election, the TV debates are watchable only from behind the sofa. Why is it that even when alone, I still cringe and feel terribly embarrassed when our wannabe leaders say ridiculous things. Gordon Brown, for example, said that no punishment was too great for those who manipulated their expenses. Knee-capping? Hanging? Firing squad? I believe he himself had quite a bit of money to pay back. Should he go in for a bit of public flagellation?

But spring is spring here in Glasgow, and I'm on a book surge. What's not to like about today!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Vicky Gunn said...

Thought it would amuse you to know that M. and I are worrying about booking flights for the summer because I am fretting about the Big Brother blowing its top.....

9:04 AM  
Blogger Camille said...

Hey, I'm watching our politics from behind my sofa too. I do have popcorn. It helps.

9:53 AM  
Blogger K.M.Grant said...

It's ok, Vicky! I've finished Earth Science. I think my foray into volcanoes was what did it for the Little Brother ...

Hey, Camille! I'll remember the popcorn tip. We have a coalition here for the first time for many years. It's a very peculiar tango.

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home